Tuesday 28 December 2010

Medical Services, Hermosa Beach CA.

 

and so you come to me like I’m the doctor

oh yes your dispenser of comfort services

your veritable protector of the lame and there

you shine

as if the palm trees are offering you a personal service

a service of shade specifically designed for you

and

you make no bones

you declare

that all the city roads were built for you oh yes

to carry you my way on hyper-heated pavements cast with exclusive carriage rights

for your inflated, corrupted heart oh yes said without rancour

two skipped eye lash flickers the last Days of Succour

      no irony utter candour take this not that:

Me: mad flash wheeled dog weed euro-trash.

You: Texan Rose electrolyzed chrome neon pink

paint job galvanization anti-rust guarantee

and

once we sat rotating on a carousel in a car shaped like a tea cup oh yes

a hand picked rose Sung yellow sheet metal small white daisies templated

on thin curved steel from Allentown PA a nice battered riveted plate

a long way from east coast cloud and grime and we are next to a spinning,

grinning Dumbo

The simple velocity was enough to bind me to you, oh yes

simple times convex emotions whirling us in some

Carthusian orbit observe

Me: The Denialist a lost uncertain superhero looking for a

comic strip to haunt.

You: the wanton hedonist

looking for

a safe house

maybemaybemaybe

a warming glass perhaps oh yes

of Merlot to wash down the pills

as

you come          to me

like

I            am

                   the

                                 doctor

the weave and stagger of a saxophone thick in the hot desert air straight out

of The Mojave

smelter

blasting

and you hang on every note whilst still fingering your keys

and I saw you there in

The Salamander sat at the bar,

smooth legs and denim spray on shorts men transfixed by a red wet look bra top

with dykes flitting at your elbows wishing plotting

you laughing oh yes glittering giggles aloof but wanton snickerings

full on lips stretched tight

over expensive teeth that got you that part, you know the one oh yes that one

in that TV mini-series a big break from the skin flicks in beach houses

on Hermosa Beach and villas hired by the hour in

Santa Barbara and lock-ups over in Watts

and

            AND

I knew of all that but you knew you could rely on me to keep it quiet

and oh yes I’m watching you now with my lazy eye

as you stagger-swagger with diabolical intent to soul- steal

from the already sad and depleted to filch and chew indolent senses

and why not oh yes

as

you

come

to

me

like

I’m

the

doctor

still your erstwhile dispenser of remedies for the maladies

clawing at your brain

me oh yes all shiny spic-and-span paint on new world grin learned well

from knowing colonialists slapped on with skill across old world lips given extra dimensional interest by European louche and you

dizzying your senses bug glass black eyes

oh yes

telling me you hate daylight and bougainvillea and

garden lions you need me to shroud you and

make the sun go away maybe a few weeks in

the mountains a timber lodge play acting at being

a nice husband and wife with regular jobs

shop in Big Bear City remember East Cinderella Drive?

Perhaps pretend we are out of Fort Smith AR

or is that too parochial maybemaybemaybe who knows

but it’s not no way and is it not obtuse to be wondering if maybe

perhaps somehow there’s many a million like us right now ensnared deep within this

metropolitan cage?

No doubt oh yes on street light aluminum barbs and concrete pegs and

razor sharp roadsign devices designed to extract contrition oh yes

probably

in a city that wouldn’t be here if not for a fantastic thirst

so go ahead return home where all your drugged trajectories end

like a badly fused bomb dropped on expectant

civilian populations oh come nuclear heat please do come

when is it going to be me when is it going to be me

So.

Throw your keys on the kitchen counter.

Demand OJ laced with Smirnoff.

Bark an enquiry about where the fuck is your Halston bikini.

Coming to me after a forty-hour AWOL jag

as if I’m the doctor your own little book of

calm a good man in a storm and

                                 ….observe…

Spilled purse by a burnt out toaster next to

an erratic splay of over-ripened bananas:

cellphone credit cards Rizlas ancient battered

tin of grass packet of Moroccan small red box

of E’s condoms all of your own remedies you don’t need

me fuck me study the storm clouds rolling in off of the Pacific oh yes

your wish of vanquished sunlight to be granted

by dancing electric weather so:

go pick your keys up from the driveway I haven’t made it hard

for you I

haven’t thrown them

into the bougainvillea for example and I have emptied your

purse in the Roadster on the passenger seat

I haven’t made a mess so:

drink your screwdriver then cruise where ever you wish,

smoke weed on Sunset seeing multiple lanes

and shimmering bars and

just get out of here

not even the allure of those tight

negligible hot pants can make me forgive

not anymore just get out of here

and this time stay away stay distant find another cosmic state

get lost in Paris paint in Bruges get your feet tattooed in

Casablanca dive into Venetian canals late at night bemuse

the Caraberieri just go your own way erase me from digital awareness

coming to me,

like

I’m the doctor.

3 comments:

Buy textbooks cheap said...

Hello, I was searching on Google for some information. And this blog is very relevant to my desires. I like very much definitely will visit again.

Search Craigslist said...

This post stood very well written, and it also contains many useful facts. I appreciated your professional manner of writing this post. You have made it very easy for me to understand.

Mp3 players said...

The scrutiny is in convincing fact the freshest topic on this consistent subject. I am be in harmony with your conclusions and will strongly look forward to your about to happen updates.