Wednesday 26 October 2011

Memoirs of a Confused Spaceman #2



Savagery as art intellectualised


Is one of those spinning thoughts where supernovae are no more


Than eye candy


an explosion


Switched on by  dieties


With not much else to do but


Float and game and think about


Savagery as an art form as a


Chess piece perhaps a rook in the shape of a skyscraper


Humans reaching for the stars whilst staying


Firmly rooted to the ground in Terra


Deep in Terror          firm


Where savagery is a totem


Of art appreciation


Spinning





In a gallery halogen light no more direct light


On the canvases because of the risk of photonic


damage


Clutching a rail on the side of the spacecraft


My own totem


My only home so far out here in space


With a starfield as my canvas


Enveloped by stellar phenomena


Clothed in many colours we will never


Ever see on


This spacewalk this floating to a state where


Savagery is less of a political statement and more of


An artistic one free from ideology and sense


It makes sense of the anarchist’s symbol I painted on the back of my suit


It is my gesture to the stars


A small one


But I think God understands

September 2011

1 comments:

fotograful said...

Nice article! Seems like you know what you say